Next Class: April 20-21, 2017 in Bloomington, MN
This 2-day training offers specialized training in calibration and repair for the individual who has some knowledge of basic Metrology. Approximately 75% of the workshop involves “Hands-on” calibration, repair and adjustments of micrometers, calipers, indicators height gages, etc. Course also covers NIST Traceability, Certificates of Conformance, Gage Management, Standards, etc. Each student is encouraged to participate in actual calibrations and repairs using IICT equipment.
- Equip attendees with knowledge to meet current and future calibration needs
- Leave this class prepared to save your company money on calibrations
- Provide attendees opportunity for personal growth in the Quality Field
Topics Covered in this Training:
- Calibration Requirements Of, ISO 17025, ISO 13485, ANSI-NCSL Z540-1, 1994, ISO 9001, ISO/TS16949, ISO 10012
- Definition of Calibration & Traceability
- Rule of 10 to 1 and 4 to 1
- Certificate of Conformance vs. Certificate of Calibration
- NIST Test Number and Test Date-Traceability
- Overview of Calibration Terminology
- Overview of National Standards, Primary Standards, Reference Standards and Working Standards
- Calibration Labels and Stickers
- Gage Block Usage and Handling
- Determining Calibration Cycle Times
- Hands-on calibration methods of: Micrometers, Calipers, Indicators, Sine Bars, Levels, Thread Gages, Plug Gages, Squares, Height Gages, Pin Gages, Other Gages as Customer Requests
- Discussions on Optical Comparators, Surface Plates, Ring Gages, CMM's, etc
- Hands-on repair techniques of Micrometers, Calipers and Dial Indicators
About The Instructor - Carlis Stuber
Carlis has been in the Quality Control/Quality Assurance field for 32 years.He attended Chippewa Valley Technical Institute majoring inComputer Programming and Quality Technology. He also attended Metro State University majoring in Quality Management - emphasis in Calibration.
Carlis has worked all levels of Quality including Inspection, Quality Engineering, Quality Management, Calibration, Auditingand Quality Training.
Carlis has over 35 years experience in the Commercial Calibration industry developing systems, training technicians, calibrating and repairing gages including surface plates, CMM's, Optical Comparators, thread gages, gage blocks, Micrometers, calipers, indicators, bore gages, etc.
Carlis works with manufacturers and service companies across the US and Canada, assisting and training in Calibration Systems Development and Calibration Techniques. Customers industries include: Automotive, Medical, Nuclear, Aeronautics, API, NADCAP, etc.
Partial List of Standards implemented, audited and taught:
- ISO 100012
- ISO 9001
- ISO 13485
- AS 9100
- ISO/TS 16949
Some of Carlis’s accomplishments include:
- Obtaining A2LA accreditation of commercial laboratory (CTS)
- ISO 17025 training at A2LA
- Served on the original committee to develop the ASQ Certified Calibration Technician Exam at ASQ
- Editorial Contributor to ecalibration.com
- Uncertainty of Measurement Training
- Class sizes are limited to 20 registrants
- $1,095 per registrant
- Contact Precision for on-site quote
- Workshop fee refunded up to 21 days prior to workshop less a $100 fee.
- No refunds within 21 days of workshop. Substitutions allowed at any time.
- Registrant or substitute from same company may attend a class at a later date.
- NET 30 ONLY for Purchase Orders
- Check website for latest updates and full terms
For More Information
Please contact Sean Aleckson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (763)784-1704.